Adult Acting for the Camera
Scene Study / Audition Technique
for the Motivated Actor.
Through the Lens Adult Acting for the Camera provides weekly opportunity for serious actors to cultivate the physical, vocal, and emotional skills necessary for success in the film and television industry. Within each 3 hour class, students will explore technique, analyze script, perfect rehearsal process and prepare to shoot. Every 12 weeks, students will perform scenes on-camera to be edited by the Through the Lens post-production team and then presented in class for feedback the following week. Along the way, students will develop a unique and effective approach to the work that serves them both inside the audition room and on-set.
12 week session begins Fall of 2017!
- Ages 18+
- Mondays 8pm–11pm
- Cinema Arts Center
Providence High Arts
511 S. Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91505
- Tuition: TBA
Dramatic, not Traumatic…
As with all of our programs, Through the Lens Adult Acting for the Camera classes are rooted in an artistic philosophy celebrating the beauty and joy of the creative process and the journey of self-discovery inherent within. We believe that acting should be dramatic, not traumatic, and that it is our responsibility to lead our artists in a way that leaves them feeling engaged, enlightened, and inspired.
FREE INTRODUCTORY WORKSHOP | MONDAY, MAY 15TH | 8:00-11:00pm
Please RSVP if you’d like to attend. Please let us know if you’ll be bringing a guest.
What makes our program different?
- Our team of highly qualified artist/educators including a working professional actor and experienced educator Jeremy Kent Jackson, Emmy Award winning producer/director Christen Harty-Schaefer and award winning film director/writer Elrich Kane.
- Limited class sizes (16 max) ensuring steady one-on-one instruction.
- A structured curriculum designed to serve the individual no matter their experience.
- A bi-monthly shoot schedule providing students regular opportunity to prepare and perform scenes on-camera.
- Steady feedback from instructors, peers and industry panelists.
- A highly qualified team of post-production professionals and program administrators Rogelio Joseph Caedo and Aleen Khachatourian tasked with preparing student performed work for peer/panelist feedback.
- A state of the art facility which includes a mini-sound stage, green screen, three camera set-up, live editing booth and recording studio in addition to a 200 seat thrust theatre.